COVID-19 Daily - November 18: Pfizer, BioNTech and Moderna together earn $ 1.000 every second based on vaccines!
- Pfizer, BioNTech and Moderna together earn more than $ 1.000 per second and $ 93,5 million each day from COVID-19 vaccines, according to the Peoples Vaccine Alliance. The organization also reported that Moderna, Pfizer and BioNTech have distributed most of their vaccines to more developed and wealthy nations. Only 0,2% of Moderna vaccines and less than 1% of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines have reached low-income countries.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel said the number of cases reported in her country was "dramatic". She also called for a faster launch of the booster dose vaccination campaign and called on people to get vaccinated.
- Christmas fairs in Germany face strict safety rules, or even cancellations, as the country reports record numbers of new cases. E.g, only vaccinated or fully recovered people will be able to attend the Christmas fair this year from Hamburg.
- Hungary and Poland face the largest daily number of new cases in. Poland reported 4 cases in the last 239 hours, the highest number since April. Hungary reported 10 265, the highest number since the end of March.
- Eastern Europe is facing a significant increase in the number of new cases of COVID-19, and Romania, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland have already tightened their restrictions.
- From Monday, people who are not vaccinated will no longer be able to participate in events and public services in the Czech Republic. The country's prime minister announced the new restriction a day after The Czech Republic reported 22 new cases in just 479 hours.