Update November 17: List of European countries where you can travel without restrictions
Update November 17: At this moment, more and more countries impose restrictions on Romania or Romania has included on the yellow list more and more European countries. Be careful and informed in your travels. The list of unrestricted European countries is getting shorter.
List of European countries, without restrictions for Romania and reciprocal
Update 17.11.2020 - Starting with October 29, 2020, Romania was removed from the list of states / regions with a high degree of epidemiological risk. At the moment, there are no entry restrictions on the territory of the Swiss Confederation for persons arriving from Romania and who have not been in the territory of a state / region with a high degree of epidemiological risk for more than 14 hours in the last 24 days.
Update 17.11.2020 - Romanian citizens can travel between Albania and Romania, by land, transiting Northern Macedonia, Serbia and Bulgaria.
- Romanian citizens can travel between Albania and Romania, by land, transiting Northern Macedonia, Serbia and Bulgaria.
- According to the decisions taken by the Greek Government, the land border between Albania and the Hellenic Republic is open only at the Kakavija and Kapshtica crossing points.
- Persons wishing to travel to Albania and opting for transit through the Hellenic Republic are required to comply with the entry conditions laid down by the Greek authorities. Additional details: http://www.mae.ro/node/51914.
- The movement of goods vehicles takes place normally, both at the entrance and at the exit of the Republic of Albania; truck drivers must complete the online form.
- The border crossings of Tre Urat in Përmet and Qafë Botë in Saranda are closed from the Greek side. Transit is not allowed through these points.
Update 17.11.2020 - There is no ban on entering the territory of Bulgaria for Romanian citizens arriving from Romania. There is no obligation to carry out a 14-day quarantine and no obligation to present the result of a negative molecular test (PCR type) for Romanian citizens arriving from Romania.
There is no ban on entry into the territory of Bulgaria for Romanian citizens transiting the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria (regardless of destination).
- No entry restrictions apply to Romanian citizens.
- No mandatory quarantine or containment measures are required.
- All unnecessary entries into the territory of Sweden for citizens of countries outside the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and Switzerland wishing to enter Sweden have been suspended. Sweden in those states. The measure is valid until 31 October 2020 and does not include a group of 10 third countries. Details of the states and categories of people exempted can be found here.
Update 26.10.2020 - As of 11 June 2020, the measure of closing the land, air, sea borders and the obligation to carry out the 14 days of quarantine upon entry into Turkey has been lifted.
Thus, with the exception of the ban on Turkish and foreign nationals entering and leaving Iran by road, all other entry / exit restrictions on entry by air / sea and road imposed on all Turkish and foreign nationals are lifted.
Upon entry into Turkey, health checks will be carried out on all Turkish and foreign citizens. In case of detection of COVID-19 specific symptoms, PCR tests will be performed free of charge, and the Ministry of Health will order the necessary measures.
However, it is not excluded that these states will change the status for Romania and travel restrictions will appear depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic. Or even Romania to impose restrictions on these states. But today, they are the only ones that still allow unrestricted travel, even for tourist purposes. I do not ask you for negative COVID-19 tests and you do not enter isolation.
We will continue to monitor the reactions of EUROPE countries to the COVID-19 pandemic and will come back with updates when there is news.