Qatar Airways named the best airline in 2015 by Skytrax
On the second day a Paris Air Show 2015, Qatar Airways Skytrax was named the best airline of the year. The other occupants of the top 10 positions are, in order: Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Turkish Airlines, Emirates, Etihad Airways, ANA All Nippon Airways, Garuda Indonesia, EVA Air and Qantas Airways. It is for the third time the Qatar company wins this prize (first time in 2011 and second time in 2012).
Qatar Airways has also won the award for the best airline in the Middle East and the best seats in the business class.
Other awards given at the annual World Airline Awards ceremony are:
- The best low-cost airline: AirAsia
- The best services at the airport: ANA
- The best in-flight entertainment services: Emirates
- The cleanest cabin: EVA Air
- The best alliance of airlines: Oneworld
- The best services offered by employees: ANA
- Most Improvements: Air France
- Best economy class: Asiana Airlines
- Best Business Class: Singapore Airlines
- The best airline in the trans-Pacific area: Cathay Pacific
- The best airline in the transatlantic area: Lufthansa
Skytrax is a consultancy firm in the United Kingdom (initially known as Inflight Research Services), whose activity is based on the analysis of airlines and airports, the results being published on the website www.skytraxresearch.com.
Skytrax prizes are awarded from the 1999 year. The winners are designated by the results of the largest passenger satisfaction survey of all airlines in the world and operate "independently of the involvement of airlines, sponsorships from them or influences from other third parties", according to Skytrax CEO, Edward Plaisted.
Decided with the help of approximately 18,9 million passengers, from 110 countries around the world, airlines are judged from all points of view, from the quality of the food and the comfort of the seats on board to the attitude of the cabin crew.
(Photo: worldairlineawards.com, tumblr.com / News: cnn.com)