The most beautiful beaches in Europe
The British daily The Guardian published a list of the 40 most beautiful beaches in Europe, ideal for summer holidays. Among other things, The Guardian has included in its list seven Greek beaches among the best beaches in Europe.
The best and most beautiful beaches in Europe
Fteri, Kefalonia, Greece
Fteri is known as a very exotic beach in Kefalonia, rich in white pebbles, crystal clear waters and surrounded by limestone cliffs. It is a hidden paradise and one of the most beautiful places on the island.
In addition, at a very short distance from the shore, there is a high cliff from which the brave can make impressive dives in the turquoise waters. Most visitors also believe that Fteri is the most beautiful beach in Kefalonia.
Elafonisi, Crete, Greece
Elafonis, located in the southwest of Crete, has become one of the most popular destinations for day travelers who intend to visit this place by bus or even by boat. One of the main reasons why tourists are attracted to this beach is the unique feeling created when they see that they are in a lagoon of the South Sea.
The best time to visit this place is the summer season, when you can find sunbeds lined up along the beach and many other people enjoying the warm waters of the lagoon.
Sarakiniko, Milos, Greece
One of the islands of Greece less well known among Romanians is Milos, but the magnificent and attractive landscape of Sarakiniko Beach in Milos is very familiar. For all those tourists who have the opportunity to visit this unique structure, consisting of magnificent blue waters and bright white rock, this is an experience that can not be compared to anything. Sarakiniko Beach offers relaxation, exploration and imagination to all its visitors.
Plaka, Naxos, Greece
Plaka is also classified as one of the the most beautiful beaches in Greece. It has a smooth, endless sandy beach, with some large flat rocks and magnificent crystal clear waters.
Tourists will have the opportunity to find sunbeds and umbrellas at the beginning of the beach. However, on the other hand, most of them are preserved due to its beauty, so there is no tourist facility that would spoil its natural beauty.
Located behind grassy dunes, Plaka Beach is located between the lively resort of Agios Prokopios and the almost deserted areas of Mikri Vigla.
Karavostási, Epirus, Greece
Karavostasi means "place where the ship stops" and, according to the newspaper, is a name that fits this secluded harbor, located between two pine-covered ends near Perdika, a small village with traditional taverns serving delicious local cuisine.
This landscape, which features fine sand like silk and shallow water, is perfect for young children, while parents can go windsurfing at the small water sports center.
Simos, Elafonisos, Greece
There is no better choice to get away from the daily routine than visiting the emerald sea on Simos Beach, located next to the small colorful village of Elafonisos.
Camping Simos is also only 50 meters from the most famous beach in Elafonisos, Simos Beach, where you can enjoy the stunning colors of the emerald sea and fine sand and reach a stunning height of ten meters.
Gulf of Vagia, Serifos, Cyclades, Greece
Some of the features of Vagia beach are fine sand and crystal clear waters. At the same time, the beach is well protected from the wind. Vagia is three km from Koutalas and nine km from Livadi. It is located in Koutala Bay along with Ganema and Koutala Beaches.
Beaches such as Koutalasdhe Livadi are generally popular with trees that provide comfortable shade and are good for swimming. The Vagia district is one of the most beautiful parts of Serifos and consists of many picturesque villages and fishing ports such as Megalo Livadi and Avessalos.
Complete list of the most beautiful beaches in Europe
- Sellin, Rügen, Germany
- Ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
- Torimbia, Asturias, Spain
- Carnota, Galicia, Spain
- Cala Trebalúger, Menorca, Spain
- Sopelana, Biscay, Spain
- Calblanque, Murcia, Spain
- Ballybunion, Kerry, Ireland
- Glassilaun, Galway, Ireland
- Drobni Pijesak, Montenegro
- Old Cacela Beach, Algarve, Portugal
- Physics Beach, Costa de Plata, Portugal
- Canieros Beach, Ferragudo, Algarve, Portugal
- Zambujeira do Mar beach, Costa Vicentina, Alentejano, Portugal
- Bicas Beach, Sesimbra, Lisbon, Portugal
- Paal Beach 31, De Cocksdorp, Texel, The Netherlands
- Amiets Beach, Cléder, Brittany, France
- Old Church Beach, Normandy, France
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Bayonne, France
- Palombaggia beach, Corsica, France
- Plage de l'Aiguille, Théoule-sur-Mer, Alpes-Maritimes, France
- Plage de Saint-Clair, Le Lavandou, Var, France
- Plage des Coussoules, Leucate, Aude, France
- Kaputas, Kalkan, Turkey
- San Michele, Sirolo, Le Marche, Italy
- Punta della Suina, Puglia, Italy
- In Cologne, Sardinia, Italy
- Calamosche, Sicily, Italy
- Sperlonga, Lazio, Italy
- Krivica, Lošinj, Croatia
- Divna Square, Pelješac, Croatia
- Mlini, Pakleni Islands, Croatia
- Porto Palermo, Qeparo, Vlorë County, Albania
How many beaches have you visited, among those mentioned above?