Qatar Airways expands network in Africa by increasing frequencies to Cape Town, Casablanca, Durban, Johannesburg, Maputo and Tunis
Qatar Airways continues to be the main airline connecting Africa to the Middle East, providing one of the largest and most reliable networks in the region.
Being the largest airline in pandemic by the premise of the flights operated, Qatar Airways analyzed global passenger flows and booking trends to begin rebuilding the destination network, consolidating its leading position in the Middle East. Thus, the company wants to rebuild the network of 23 destinations in Africa, planning to reach 100 flights a week.
Qatar Airways plans to resume flights and increase frequencies to more destinations in Africa
- Alexandria - two weekly flights, starting on January 25
- Cairo - up to 16 weekly flights (flights resumed on January 18)
- Cape Town - will increase the frequency to five weekly flights, from 1 February
- Casablanca - five flights a week
- Durban - will increase the frequency to three weekly flights, starting with February 14
- Johannesburg - will increase the frequency to 18 flights per week, starting with January 26
- Maputo - will increase the frequency to three weekly flights, starting with February 14
- Tunis - will increase the frequency to five weekly flights, starting with
Qatar Airways plans to reach 130 destinations.
Qatar's national carrier continues to rebuild the global network, which is currently at more than 120 destinations, with plans to increase to more than 130 by the end of March 2021.
We remind you that Qatar Airwais will resume flights to the United Arab Emirates, starting January 27, after almost 4 years off.
Qatar Airways has become the first global airline in the world to obtain the prestigious safety rating of 5-star airlines COVID-19 from Skytrax. This follows HIA's recent success as the first airport in the Middle East and Asia to receive a 5-star Skytrax COVID-19 Safety Rating.
These recognitions assure passengers around the world that the health and safety standards of airlines are at the highest possible level.
Qatar Airways offers flexible ticket booking options.
Qatar Airways offers the option to change the flight date and free refunds for all tickets issued before April 30, 2021, for scheduled trips until December 31, 2021.
The company's flexible booking policy offers the possibility to exchange tickets with a travel voucher with an additional value of 10% for all customers who book tickets through qatarairways.com. For complete terms and conditions visit qatarairways.com/Flexibility.