Travel restrictions in Switzerland: quarantine at home for 10 days!
Considering the epidemiological evolution in Romania, starting with August 8, 2020, at 00:00, all persons, who in the last 14 days have been on the territory of Romania, must be quarantined at home for 10 days.
According to the decision of the Federal Health Office, this measure applies to all persons who, in the last 14 days, have been on the territory of a state with a high degree of epidemiological risk. The measures shall also apply in the territory of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
Entry restrictions on the territory of Switzerland and Liechtenstein
The list of high-risk states is regularly updated and can be accessed at: https://www.bag.admin.ch/. A negative molecular identification result of COVID-19 does not shorten or exempt the quarantine period. Failure to comply with the quarantine provisions is punishable by a fine of up to CHF 10.000.
Furthermore, the Swiss authorities may at any time decide to institute a medical examination at the border, including measuring temperatures or completing a health questionnaire for anyone wishing to enter Switzerland.
The quarantine procedure provides that:
- Immediately after entering Swiss territory, the person / persons concerned must go directly to their home or another suitable location. During the trip to that destination, contact with other people will be avoided.
- Within two days of arrival on Swiss territory, the person (s) who will be placed in quarantine must contact the cantonal health authorities and follow their instructions.
- List of cantonal health authorities.
- During the quarantine period, the person / persons is / are allowed to leave the respective residence only for the performance of an absolutely necessary medical control. In this case, wearing a medical mask and keeping a social distance (at least 1,5 m) is mandatory.
- Any contact with persons other than those who undergo the same quarantine procedures must be avoided during quarantine.
- During the quarantine period, the hygienic and sanitary measures recommended by the Federal Health Office (Bundesamt für Gesundheit) must be strictly observed. can be accessed in English.
The following categories of persons are exempted from the quarantine measure
- The following categories of persons are exempted from the quarantine measure, but only if those persons do not show specific symptoms of COVID-19.
- Those who provide in a professional and organized manner (by road, rail, air or inland waterway) the transport of goods and persons and who, for this reason, have been, in the last 14 days, in the territory of a state with a high degree of risk epidemiological.
- People who come from Romania and who directly transit Swiss territory to destinations in other states. In this case, the Swiss authorities may request the production of supporting documents proving the need to transit through Swiss territory (eg domicile / residence / right of residence / employment contract / any other proof of the need to enter Swiss territory, such as a certificate of medical treatment). urgently needed, studies, etc.).
- Persons who have been in direct transit (for less than 24 hours) on the territory of Romania or of a state with a high degree of epidemiological risk.
- Employees who are directly involved in ensuring the proper functioning of the Swiss medical and / or public order and security system.
- Those who travel to Switzerland for professional or medical purposes, daily or for a maximum period of five days, and that travel is absolutely necessary and do not suffer any delay.