Romania eliminates the night lockdown for unvaccinated!
The National Committee for Emergency Situations adopted in today's meeting, December 7, 2021, Decision number 112. Below are the main proposed measures:
- Elimination of traffic bans for unvaccinated persons during the night.
- Businesses can operate until 22:00.
- The obligation to wear a mask in open spaces is eliminated. The mask must be worn in crowded open spaces and in closed spaces.
- Allowing access to malls, large stores, for people tested, vaccinated or sick.
- In stores smaller than 200 sqm, it will not be necessary to present documents attesting the status of vaccinated, passed through the disease or tested, but the stores must establish a maximum number of people who can be in the store simultaneously.
- Cinemas can work up to 50%
- For Christmas and New Year's Eve there will be no restrictions on the time until which restaurants or economic operators will be open, but with a limit of 50% on the places that can be occupied and the presentation of the vaccinated certificate, passed through the disease or tested.
Raed Arafat, head of DSU, press statements after tonight's CNSU meeting
Please note that these measures may be subject to change. We will be back with updates and official documents! The measures proposed in this decision take effect only in the event of their approval by normative acts of the Government or, as the case may be, of the heads of ministries or central public administration bodies.