Sunday's summary to read on Sunday: Britain and Germany impose new travel restrictions; the first Air France A220 was delivered; South African Airways has resumed flights!
Starting this Sunday, we will write a new series of articles in the form of a summary with information from aviation and tourism. This will be the most notable information this week. In today's edition we will have news from September 27 to October 3.
- Last week, Volotea unveiled the plan for future 100% electrically powered aircraft. Volotea wants that the first electric aircraft to be certified for flights by 2024. Currently, there are dozens of projects developed regarding electrically powered aircraft. Some are made from scratch, others are converted.
- Sardinia is organizing an auction for abandoned routes by Alitalia and invites 12 airlines to send offers. The deadline was Wednesday, September 29. According to the emergency procedure, the routes will be assigned for 7 months, pending the preparation of the new two-year call.
- By the end of November, the number of cities to which Airbus A380 Emirates will fly will reach 27, representing an increase of 65% compared to the 16 destinations it currently flies to. Emirates has announced the reactivation of A380 aircraft on the most popular routes.
- The most famous ski resorts in Bulgaria: Bansko, Pamporovo, Borovets! But the ski area in Bulgaria includes other resorts. Don't miss our article!
- You are curious to know who they are the 10 busiest metropolises in the world?
- On September 28, 2021, Croatia became the 40th member state of the United States Visa Waiver program. The announcement was made by Homeland Security, which, in a press release, mentioned that the final decision was taken by US Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas, in coordination with Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken. Official: Croatians can travel to the US without a visa, from December 1, 2021
- Air Oradea - the new regional airline in Romania. The share capital of the company will be 3 million EURO. SC Air Oradea SA will be 60% owned by Oradea and 40% by Bihor County Council. By creating this local airline, we want to attract new investors in Oradea and Bihor County, but also domestic and international tourists.
- Air France to receivet the first A220-300 in an order for 60 aircraft of this type, the largest A220 order placed by a European carrier. The aircraft was delivered from the Airbus assembly line in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada and officially unveiled to the public during a ceremony held at Charles-De-Gaulle Airport in Paris.
- On 23 September, South African Airways has resumed operations and began flying after a year of inactivity. The first flights have already been operated from Johannesburg to destinations such as Cape Town, Accra, Kinshasa, Harare, Lusaka and Maputo.
- Portugal can be proud of being the country with the highest percentage of people completely vaccinated against COVID-19. According to official reports, over 84% of Portugal's population has been completely immunized, while over 86% of the population has received at least one dose of vaccine.
- Romania updated the list (September 30): Moldova, Armenia, Bulgaria and Belarus enter the red list; Austria and Switzerland go yellow; Germany, France, the Netherlands are on the green list!
- The major EU airlines have decided to reimburse money for canceled flights in a pandemic. The decision came after a meeting with European Commission officials.
- Germany has put Romania on the red list. Quarantine 10 days for unvaccinated people!
- New conditions for entry into the UK in the context of Covid-19, from October 4, 2021! Vaccinated people are exempt from quarantine and testing!